Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Weird Plastic Shit

So when I took out the camshaft cover yesterday, I failed to mention that a couple of plastic bits fell out. I was scared shitless because I thought I may have tapped the cover too hard and snapped something. But after taking apart the entire top end of the engine, it seems like they don't even belong to the engine at all.... at least not to the top half where it fell out.

If anyone knows what this is, PLEASE tell me

Anyways, I had my buddy over to help me take the cylinder head off. Man those 10 screws are torqued TIGHT. Whenever I tried to turn it, the whole engine, proped up on wooden boards, would turn with it... and believe me, without a second pair of hands, its difficult to stop it from doing that.

My more fair-skinned second pair of hands


After taking the screws holding the cylinder head to the cylinder, the entire top half of the engine just kinda pulls out with a few taps of the hammer.


Cylinder head off ...

BAM!

Cylinders off...

BOOM!


Got my bore kit, my cylinders, and I'm ready for the machine shop :)


So much for my tidy garage

For more pictures, refer to my photobucket album.

No comments:

Post a Comment