Monday, December 27, 2010

The cold must be getting to me

Christmas day, -17 with windchill; perfect day for a ride don't you think? Yes ladies and gentlement, I'm still out and about. An old columbia 3/4 length coat, jeans, and lots of thermal liners keep the ride bearable but I'm starting to look for some proper winter riding gear - maybe some touring stuff with good armor.

ZX7: "Brrrrr... store me away already jackass!"


Nothing destroys personal projects quite like the holiday season. All the christmas cheer was just too much for my senses. Over the past few days I've been cleaning my engine blocks a bit in preperation for removing the cylinders for boring.


I started off by removing the camshaft cover and wrapping it up


I've seen engine tops in pictures so many times but it looks a lot cooler in person


Now, here is where I seriously screw up. I don't know exactly what came over me but instead of loosening the bolts that hold the camshafts in I tigthen them... quite a bit before realizing what I've been doing. So now I suspect that at the very least the bolts are jacked. I just hope the threads themselves are okay *crosses fingers*. Anyways, I eventually realize that a boob I am and start loosening things.

The camshaft holders eventually come out ...

and everything gets neatly wrapped



Now all that stands in my way and the cylinder block is 10 bolts holding the cylinder head in.

For more pictures, go to my photobucket album.

No comments:

Post a Comment