Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rear Wheel Done

It took weeks longer than I thought it'd take but the rear wheel is finally sorted. Wheels, chains, brakes, everything. Next I'd like to make a 'final' set of spacers for the rear wheel and have them anodized... but that's for another day.

ZX6 caliper and bracket mounted with spacers

Rotor clearance looks good... I hope


Surprisingly, the ZX6 rear caliper didn't offer nearly as much weight savings as I thought. With pads, the ZX6 Tokico single piston caliper and ZX7 Nission dual piston caliper weight pretty much the same. I would guess that if the aluminum spacers required for the ZX6 caliper were tossed onto the sale, the two calipers would have identical weights.

ZX6 caliper

ZX7 caliper


At this point, the rear brake works but could do with some longer button head caliper bolts. The flagned bolts I'm using right now are just something I dug up in my parts bin and don't sit in the caliper bracket quite right. I'd also like to order a shorter brake line eventually.

Anyways, everything is functional at least. And this being sunday, I had some time to snap some more pics of my bike with the new caliper mounted.











No comments:

Post a Comment