Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Grand Design 02

Some more progress on the garage. On monday, George dropped off my Harbor Freight drill press along with the Brembo calipers. In the excitement of touching forged Italian metal, I forgot (neglected) to mention the drill press in my last post.

Good things come in big packages

This will be the first and last time this drill press table will be so neat and clean

Some assembly required


 Anyways, George and Alok came by yesterday to pick up some things I was clearing out of the garage. Specifically, my old 4' bench and motorcycle bench. With those things gone, I finally had a place to put my new 8' bench which is a key component of my new garage layout.

Goal ...

... current state


The one thing that's REALLY bugging though is that I used wood screws to build the 8' bench which I should have used construction screws. The problem with wood screws is that they are litterally made out of gelatin. Not only does it take a massive amount of effort to coax them into the pilot holes but they wibble and wobble about wildy while being drilled... rather like Perez Hilton I suspect.


Constructions screws in comparison might as well be made of Adamantite laced with Chuck Noris. They cut into the wood clealy and effortlessly. In other words construction screws make wood its bitch.

We'll see if the wood screw construction of the bench still bothers me in a few month's time but I can see a rebuild in the future sometime..... probably once things settle down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment