Friday, November 12, 2010

Ready to drop the big one

Been a bit since I've done any work on the bike but now I'm coming in full force, guns blazing, serious business and all that. This session, I managed to remove the radiator, which I had no idea how to do. Messy business that was.

So many tuuuubes! Which one do I remove first?!?!

A bucketful of spilt coolant and a case full of shop towels later, the radiator is off and drained (mostly into my whimpering garage floor). Followed promptly by the exhaust.

Look how badly soiled the engine case is. Disgusting.

Rear wheel and brake caliper off. Kawasaki's bleed green. Go green or go home!

By far the most difficult thing to remove was the wiring harness. It takes A LOT of patience to mark each wire and take pictures of its routing. But in the end I managed to pull the thing out and you'd be surprised at how heavily a bunch of wires can be!

Electrical components; the bane of my existence

And now for some more 'artistic' pictures with accidentally awesome blue/yellow action movie lighting.






I love this picture.


So the bike sits now waiting for a jack so that it can be relieved of its knock-happy motor. R1 buddy and I will probably do that in the next post. We'll drop the shit out of that motor. YEAH!

For more pictures, or larger versions of the ones posted, go to my Photobucket Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment